Anyone who uses buddypass or any social networking app or website for that matter, should take the proper precautions to ensure their safety when meeting new people for the first time. Please consider the following if you are ever concerned about your safety. An ounce of prevention can go a long way to ensuring your safety.
Take Precautions to Safeguard your Safety
– We suggest to always meet in a public place that has other people around and never in a private or remote location or at your personal residence or place of work.
– We suggest you get to know unfamiliar people through conversation before meeting them in person and/ or disclosing personal information.
– We suggest informing a friend or family member of your plans and keeping your mobile phone easily accessible.
– We suggest being in control of your own transportation. Consider securing your own ride even if the person you’re meeting volunteers to pick you up.
Keep your Personal Information Confidential
– It is important to note that you are in control of your online experience at all times.
– Be careful about sharing personal information, such as your full name, phone number, email, address or financial information.
– Omit personal contact information out of your profile and edit it as you see fit.
– Never give out your user name or password, buddypass will not ask for it.
Avoid Spam and Scams
– Email isn’t the only place where people can send spam and try to scam people, it can happen on apps and websites as well.
– Please report people who send messages containing links to third-party websites.
– Please report people who claim to need funds for emergency purposes.
– Please report people who disappear from buddypass then reappear under a different name, such users may be trying to get around being blocked.
– Please report people who who solicit under the guise of sending gifts or promising money or favours.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s advice to avoid online scams is available here. Please report suspicious users immediately.
Please report anyone who violates the buddypass Terms of Service including:
– Anyone who asks you for money or donations.
– Anyone that looks like they could be under the age of 13.
– Anyone who harasses you, is abusive or uses offensive language or content.
– Anyone who behaves inappropriately in person or after meeting in person.
– Any time you feel you detect a fraudulent profile.
– Anyone who makes you feel concerned about your personal safety.
Please consider the above to ensure your buddypass experience remains positive and rewarding at all times.